Saturday, October 3, 2009

a hard-boiled egg

Yesterday afternoon was a sad day for me and my baby egg also known as my white previa mini van. Its actually not a baby in any way considering my family got it in 1998! hah. Anyways, it all began while I was driving to Disneyland this afternoon. My engine was sounding funny earlier in the morning when I started it but I didn't think anything of it. Well as I was driving down the 91 West my engine started to make a weird sound again. Thankfully my boyfriend, Brett, was driving right behind me. He called to tell me that water was spurting on his windshield. This was the first red flag that there was something wrong with my car. It wasn't until I saw that my thermometer, that predicts if your car is overheating, was all the way at the "H." I freaked out and called my cousin who's well-educated in mechanics and asked him what was wrong. He told me that my car is over-heated and that I should not drive after arriving to my destination. Well, unfortunately I did not make it to my destination. The next thing I knew my car began to go at a slower pace. I managed to make it to the shoulder of the road just before it completely died. I literally thought that my egg would burst because it was smoking on the inside and outside. To summarize what happened after Brett called AAA to have my car towed to one of his dad's offices, the East Anaheim Police Station. So as of right now my little egg is chilling in the parking lot waiting to be towed back home. Hopefully, it's in too bad of condition to repair so that I can get a new car!!

No comments:

Post a Comment