Monday, January 25, 2010

God is love.

“Each person is meant to love a person or more than one. Maybe we were meant to happen. All the small cracks allowed me to realize he was truly for me.”


And there’s that crazy thing called love. With love you learn to trust no one but yourself. Let people in but give them limited information. You learn from the past and avoid making the same mistakes because it scares you more than anything to experience the same pain. Never settle for less than what God made you. Stick with your values and morals. Don’t ever compromise them because as Dr. Seuss once said, “Those who mind don’t matter, lives those that matter don’t mind.” Be careful how much you give of yourself because in all reality no one stays content forever. You give a little and we ask for more. The number one thing I have learned is that the only way you can truly love someone is by experiencing the love of God. God is love and blesses us with people in our to love us and for us to love. We all need love, whether we admit it or not. No one in their right mind wants to live alone and unwanted. God is the source of love. Love is a blessing not something any one of us deserve. He demonstrates His love for us through the people we love and who love us. However, when a break up does occur it doesn’t mean that he loves us any less or is abandoning us it is usually a consequence of our selfish desires and unwillingness to abide by his “rules.” These rules are not meant to be a debby-downer in our lives but, instead to prevent us from experiencing pain and heartache. He does it out of love. It’s like a parent telling their newly certified teenage-driver to not drive late at night. They don’t tell them not to in order to keep them from having a good time but, for their safety. They may have an idea of how dangerous it can be out there and how risky it is to drive late at night but, they don’t fully realize how careless other drivers may be.
Lately, I’ve been guilty of being such a worry wart especially when it comes to the topic of relationships. I get worked up about what may happen in the future with the relationship I’m in but God manages to grab a hold of me and bring me back to sanity. He reminds me that whatever happens in the future will eventually come whether I agree with it or not.
Proverbs 16:9: “In his heart a man plans his course,
but the LORD determines his steps.”
Therefore, I must love as much as I can and demonstrate His love through thick and thin. Even when they’re moments when I just rather walk away from the situation I must stay strong and continue to love just as Jesus did to his enemies. Of course there’s always that question: “Well what happens if I show all my love and they don’t or, we end up breaking up?”…Well, I wish I could give a precise answer but at the moment I’m figuring out an answer to that question as well. Until then, just live and love with the mind set: “Love as you would want to be loved and, love as if it was Jesus.” While dating, make decisions that are profitable in your relationship. In a book that I’m reading, “Dating with Pure Passion” it explains the importance of making decisions that are profitable to relationships. This means making decisions that benefit or improves it.- “The more sensual your activity together, the stronger your bond will become. However, if you break up, you will damage your hearts as your rip them apart(153).”

No comments:

Post a Comment